4 Supermarket Foods You Should Buy for Valentine’s Day
February 10, 2022
What supermarket food is best for Valentine’s day?
- Valentine’s item sets
- Wagyu cubes
With Valentine’s Day fast approaching, many couples are going all out with their plans for an extravagant night out — but others may prefer to keep things cozy and fuss-free for their sweetheart. If you’re part of the latter, then a night in with the right food and drinks is the perfect plan for you and your valentine!
To keep the event fairly simple, but still special and romantic, treat your date with these six great supermarket foods this Valentine’s Day.
Whether you’re a culinary mastermind or a beginner in the kitchen, these options can help you create a great meal for two on February 14th.
Valentine’s item sets
Choosing to spend your Valentine’s cuddled up at home? You two will need some great nibbles to share while watching your favorite rom-com, or simply enjoying each other’s company.
Your online supermarket will probably be offering some great item sets for just this purpose. At JustShop, you have your pick between two great packages. With our Valentine’s Set A package, you’ll have some delicious chocolate snacks along with two bottles of fruity and refreshing rosé wine. If you choose our Valentine’s Set B package, you’ll receive a pack of some delicious Strawberry Chocolate Oats, paired with two bottles of great-tasting rosé wine. Whichever option you choose, you’ll have some classic and tasty treats for your night in!
Another great way to make your night-in memorable is by serving up something premium — like wagyu cubes from JustShop. This cut of beef is one of the most popular and delicious choices you could cook for dinner.
But what makes it so great? With Wagyu cubes, you get exquisitely marbled beef cubes. The fat will melt as it cooks, which provides a natural oil for the meat to cook in. This creates its buttery soft and tender texture and enhances its decadent taste.
You can prepare your Wagyu cubes in several ways — but the most popular way is to give it a quick sear. Here is a quick step-by-step guide to perfectly sear them:
- Thaw the Wagyu cubes in a refrigerator for at least two days before you plan on cooking them.
- Heat your frying pan or griddle over medium-high heat. We recommend using cast-iron pans to create a good sear on the Wagyu cubes.
- Place your Wagyu cubes on the pan. If the first cube doesn’t immediately sizzle, remove and let the pan heat up another minute before trying again.
- Let Wagyu cubes sear on one side before flipping. Repeat until all sides are a beautiful brown color. Baste with the oil drippings as frequently as possible.
- If you’re looking for lots of flavors, add 1 or 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter when your Wagyu cubes are nearly fully seared. Baste with the melted butter before removing them from the pan.
- Remove from heat and let sit for a few minutes.
Serve these up with your favorite side dishes — such as a salad or mashed potatoes — and you’ve got an easy gourmet meal on your hands!
If you want to treat that special someone of yours to a romantic home-cooked dinner, then salmon is another great ingredient to order from your online grocery. With salmon filets, one of the best recipes to try on Valentine’s day is this delicious baked salmon recipe:
- 4 skinless salmon filets (about 175g each filet)
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 bunches of asparagus, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon caster or granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 3 teaspoons of fresh tarragon, chopped
- Baking paper and a baking tray
- Preheat your oven to 220°C.
- Lay some baking paper (about 30 cm each) onto your baking tray.
- Place the salmon filets on top of each piece of baking paper. Top with lemon slices and thyme sprigs.
- Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- Fold the edges of the paper together to form well-sealed parcels.
- Place your baking tray into the oven, and bake for about 15 minutes.
- While waiting, whisk your mustard, vinegar, sugar, tarragon, and some olive oil to make your dressing. Season to taste.
- Blanch your asparagus for 2 minutes in lightly salted water. When tender, remove and drain.
- Remove the salmon from the oven and plate with some asparagus. Top with your dressing, and a sprig of thyme to serve.
You could pair your romantic dinner with some great red or rose wine, but if you want to present something a bit out of the norm, you can’t go wrong with whiskey. And when we talk about great whiskey brands, you’ll want the iconic and expertly crafted taste of Johnnie Walker.
From Johnnie Walker, you could pick one of their great classics — the black label. The most popular blend of this brand, it is also one of the most enjoyable whiskies one can enjoy. It has a vivid gold hue accompanied by a rich and full-bodied character. It exhibits fruity, spicy, smokey tastes, highlighted with hints of vanilla. This is a smooth and warm drink with a rich finish.
You could also go the extra mile and get your Valentine’s the legendary Johnnie Walker blue label blend. There isn’t a whisky lover anywhere who would turn this down — it’s a surefire winner for impressing your date. It features an exceptional blend of the most premium whiskeys, creating a mellow and rounded profile. It’s velvety smooth and explodes with flavors of hazelnuts, honey, sherry, and oranges paired with aromatics of wispy smoke, sandalwood, and dark chocolate.
The best thing is that these whiskeys get even better with time and can be enjoyed on countless occasions — making them some of the best Valentine’s picks from your online supermarket.
Need some help planning for a cozy and intimate dinner for two at home this February 14th? These supermarket foods for Valentine’s day are just what you need to keep things simple yet romantic for your night in. Prepare to treat your valentine with only the best and order today from the best online grocery in Manila — JustShop!